Friday, July 4, 2008

Don't Go On Vacation with My Mother-in-Law

You'd think I would know this basic rule of life. But somehow, there I was, on vacation, at Disney World in Florida, with my husband of 13 years, my 13 year old daughter, my 9 year old son, and my mother in law. Surely she has her good points. All of which lost their luster on about the 3rd day. I found myself focusing on her not so good qualities. Chief of which, would have to be her propensity to talk w/ food in her mouth. I know this sounds really petty. But my gosh, it makes me ill, to have to listen to someone who will not stop chewing to talk. I don't mean an occasional sentence that is uttered while politely chewing inconspicuosly. I mean a constant chewing conversation. I never noticed this before, but when someone is trying to have a conversation with a full mouth of food they must talk louder and open their mouths wider to project their voice. Ugh. More later.

No comments: